Welcome - Mansour Karam, Founder & President 00:03
Live Session - AOS-1
See if you meet the requirements to take the course.
CloudLabs Request Form 00:01
- Intent-Based Networks
Distributed Systems - David Cheriton 00:04
Intent-Based Networking 00:11
The Apstra Operating System 00:15
DC Reference Design - Part 1 00:13
DC Reference Design - Part 2 00:06
Knowledge Check: IBN 00:10
What does AOS Do? 00:03
Device Profiles 00:03
Logical Devices 00:09
Knowledge Check: Design 00:10
Build Process Overview 00:04
System Agents 00:05
Deploying Configs 00:13
Lab 1 - Milestones 1 & 2
Knowledge Check: Build
Group Based Policy 00:20
Fabric Troubleshooting 00:07
Intent Time Voyager
Lab 1 - Milestone 3
Knowledge Check: Deploy
Intent-Based Analytics - Intro 00:18
Root Cause Identification - Intro
Root Cause Identification - Implementation 00:02
Knowledge Check: Validate
Lab 1 - Milestone 4
REST API & Graph 00:09
- Wrap Up
Survey - AOS-1
This video is still being processed. Please check back later.
AOS-1 - Introduction to AOS
Learn how to design, build, deploy and operate a complex network with Apstra AOS.
The purpose of this class is to teach engineers, operators and Apstra Partners how to manage datacenter networks with AOS. This class will provide attendees with the knowledge to install, operate, and manage the Apstra AOS® Intent-Based Networking System. Attendees will be given a background on modern data center design, Intent Based Networking concepts, and an individual sandbox cloud environment for hands-on lab exercises.
Networking architects and operators, System Engineers, DevOps and IT professionals, Anyone individual responsible for configuring, monitoring, and troubleshooting modern spine and leaf data centers of any size leveraging any networking vendor hardware or operating system.
Basic knowledge of networking and data center designs, and an understanding of network device configuration via CLI. Border Gateway Protocol (BGP) knowledge is recommended but not required.
- Strong background in network design and operations
- Understanding of Clos IP fabric
- Routing protocol design, configuration and performance
- Overlay/Underlay routing designs
- CLI syntax and behavior for NOSs
- Basic automation design and workflows
- Attendees will need a laptop with Google Chrome web browser (or similar) installed.
- Attendees will need internet connectivity to AOS CloudLabs.
- Review current data center designs and architectures
- Discuss AOS System Architecture
- Review relevant network protocols such as BGP, LACP/MLAG/VCP
- Review reference architectures with regards to datacenter switch hardware
- Navigate AOS UI
- Create resources and design patterns within AOS
- Instantiate a running blueprint in AOS
- Review the operational tools for managing a system with AOS
- Test basic troubleshooting procedures in a running blueprint
- Locate and interact with APIs
- Practice using AOS Server
- Introduction to Intent-Based Analytics™ (IBA)
- Introduction to Root Cause Identification
- Apstra Overview
- AOS Architecture
- CloudLabs Environment Overview & Setup
- UI & Build Process
- AOS Architecture
- Review protocols used by AOS
- MLAG, BGP, VXLAN, EVPN, etc
- Edge device attachment methods
- Create resources
- Rack Designs
- Blueprint Building
- Virtual Networking
- IBA and Probes
Upon successful completion of this course and the online labs, students will be recognized as Apstra Certified Completion - Intro to AOS (AOS-1) by Apstra Inc. A printable certificate will be made available and a link to the verified completion badge will be accessible and useable on sites including LinkedIn. This certification expires 4 years (48 months) after the class is completed. Students can recertify by taking the course again, either in online or classroom based format.